Established in 1981, Santa Clara County Democratic Club (SCCDC) is a progressive organization dedicated to informing voters, encouraging citizen involvement in the political process, and promoting Democratic Party values and candidates.We draw our membership from all over Santa Clara County and it includes many current and former elected officials.
We hold ten monthly General Meetings at Harry’s Hofbrau in San Jose the third Monday of the month from 7 to 9 PM, which are open to the public. We also sponsor a summer event and a holiday dinner.
The Executive Board
The SCCDC Executive Board, elected by the membership annually at the November General Meeting for a one year term, includes Club Officers and Members at Large. The Executive Board meets the 4th Wednesday of each month at 7pm at the Headen-Inman House in Santa Clara and is open to all SCCDC members.
2018 Board Members at Large
Committees are established by the Executive Board as required to manage specific aspects of the club’s operation and mission. Committees are chaired by Executive Board members, who report on their activities to the Executive Board, and volunteers from the general membership.
- Executive Board: – Between General Meetings the Executive Board performs duties necessary for the proper administration of the affairs of SCCDC consistent with the Constitution and Bylaws.
- Meetings: Prepares for and closes out the monthly General Meeting. Ensures that agendas, audio, video, screen, laptop, tables, hairs, etc. are available and in place. Staffs the “welcome table” at the door to collect visitor names, visitor names, restaurant receipts, etc. and prints, distributes, collects and organizes member name badges.
- Program: Chooses topics and speakers for the monthly general meetings.
- Membership: Solicits new members and manages the membership database. Holds monthly hospitality meetings for new and trial members with club officers.
- Finance: Manages the Club finances, collects dues, membership applications and donations, pays bills, files FEC and reports. Sends monthly report of
- Fundraising: Responsible for raising funds. Prepares annual budget each January.
- Media: Responsible for marketing and publicity, both print and digital including the club web-site and social media activities..
- Endorsements: Analyses political races to recommend to the general membership which candidates and ballot propositions that the Club should endorse. Also recommends amounts to be donated to endorsed candidates.
- Nominations: This committee is formed each September to recommend to the general membership a slate of candidates for Club offices from president to executive Board member.
- Events: Chooses date, time, location, and perhaps the theme for the Club’s summer event (usually in August) and holiday party in December.
- Newsletter: Publishes the Democratic Voice, the monthly newsletter of the Club.
- Phone Tree: Makes phone-calls to Club members about the upcoming monthly meeting and, when required, critical, time sensitive issues..
- Political Engagement: Ensures that Club members are active in political activities pursuant to the aims of the Club. Maintains contact with organizations that share our objectives including sister Democratic Clubs nationwide.
- Mailing Address: PO Box xxx.
- Email: info@
- Facebook: Follow us here.
- Twitter: Not Implemented
- You Tube: SCCDC Channel
The Current Version of the Club Bylaws are here